Where a prescriber is prescribing a food replacement/food supplement product that is available in a variety of flavours and the prescriber wants to request that an assortment of flavours should be supplied they must use the 'assorted flavours' endorsement code of AF. The prescriber endorsement code of AF must be in the prescriber endorsement field in the EPS Release 2 prescription message.
"Fortisip" is populated in dm+d as each individual flavour eg Fortisip Bottle banana (Nutricia Ltd), Fortsip Bottle caramel (Nutricia Ltd), Fortisip Bottle chocolate (Nutricia Ltd) etc and as Fortisip Bottle (Flavour Not Specified).
Where a prescriber does not wish to specify the flavour and allow the patient/pharmacist to choose then they should prescribe the 'Flavour Not specified' actual medicinal product (AMP). Where the prescriber adds an AF endorsement in the prescriber endorsement field the contractor will receive a dispensing fee for each flavour supplied but if the prescriber does not endorse the prescription AF then the contractor may still dispense different flavours but will only receive one fee.
In EPS Release 2 a contractor should return the actual medicinal product pack (AMPP) for each specific flavour dispensed along with the quantity dispensed for that flavour.
Using the above example an EPS Release 2 prescription is received for:
Fortisip Bottle (Flavour Not Specified)
Take as directed
- Fortisip Bottle vanilla (Nutricia Ltd) x 200ml. Quantity dispensed: 600ml
- Fortisip Bottle chocolate (Nutricia Ltd) x 200ml. Quantity dispensed: 400ml
- Fortisip Bottle orange (Nutricia Ltd) x 200ml. Quantity dispensed: 200ml
- Fortisip Bottle strawberry (Nutricia Ltd) x 200ml. Quantity dispensed: 200ml
- Fortisip Bottle neutral (Nutricia Ltd) x 200ml. Quantity dispensed: 400ml
- Fortisip Bottle tropical fruit (Nutricia Ltd) x 200ml. Quantity dispensed: 200m